View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 10:32 PM   #39
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Hey-- Orual, do you want Ravion to be the one who brings the rumor from Rohan of the addled blacksmith who thinks he's an elf-lord?
That'd be perfectly fine. He'd have ample opportunity to have gotten wind of such a thing while traveling.

As for whether Ravion knows whether or not Mellonin is a woman...well, if they meet at first at the Seventh Star, he'll probably be too drunk to figure it out. But Helen's right, as a Ranger, he'll probably guess it soon enough. But I have a question...

Quote:
In that case, if you want Ravion not to know at first, then Raefindan could tell Mellonin, who could disguise herself before she introduces herself to Ravion.
I'm confused by this. Would he have to know that Mellonin is a woman before he retells the weird story that he heard that one time of the blacksmith-turned-elf-lord? I was thinking that he'd just let it slip at the Star, and events would unfold from there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though! Oh, and by the way, do I need to establish Ravion at the Seventh Star thread before the game starts?

Oufingly yours,
~Orual