View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 06:46 PM   #55
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
MINAS TIRITH: Ravion

"I think we are agreed," Ravion said abruptly, raising an eyebrow as though to challenge Aeron to disagree. "Even if we are not, that will have to wait for later. If we are to move, we need to prepare. There is much to do before we leave."

He pulled out his pack and started digging through it, making a mental inventory and checklist: what he had with him, and what was still needed. He had a good store of herbs, both for cooking and for medicinal purposes, though he'd need to restock on a few things. Bandages he was sorely in need of. He still had provisions for himself to last nearly a month, but split four ways it would not last nearly so long. Ravion himself was trained to eat very little if the occasion called for it, but he was fairly sure that his companions were not.

"Firstly we will need food," he said, still rooting through his pack. "Mellonin, could you arrange for that? I do not know how long we will be gone, but better safe than sorry: get a fair amount. Something lightweight and easy to pack compactly. We'll need camping gear. I sleep well enough under the stars, and I hope the rest of you do as well, but I hope that you all have blankets and the like. Raefindan, please see to that. Aeron--"

He broke off. "Aeron, come with me. We'll obtain some medical supplies. Shall we meet back here in an hour or two?"