View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The Tolkien Society has associate groups called smials and there are many in the US and Canada and Europe. I belong to one, Wellinghall Smial. We try to meet once a month, at least some members if not all.

I think the most active used to be Heren Istarion in NYC. But folks can check out the TS's page to see if there is a smial near them: List of Tolkien Society smials. Contact info available through that link.

In addition to attending Oxonmoot and Return of The Ring, Downers can also make their own moots. Famous--infamous?--ones in the past have been Bostonmoot and Finlandmoot, and one summer the Finns made an entire summer of moots across the US. I was lucky enough to attend Niagara (Falls) moot. These mostly are organised on Facebook, which has a Barrow Downs group page.

Another way to maintain contact with other Tolkien fans is of course to join the Tolkien Society, which also has a Facebook page.