View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #29
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

Griffo had remained intent on setting up his chess pieces while a small figure had inched its way beside him, and only turned when the figure decided to speak. He found himself looking at a young hobbit lad with curly brown hair. An inquisitive young lad if I ever saw one…or heard. Seems sharp enough., the old hobbit thought, sizing the boy up a bit. Looking intently at the boy, he kept his face very stern for a moment, though not harsh.

"Checkers?" he questioned sternly, "Checkers is a game for children and old men who've lost most of their wits. You look like a sharp young man, so perhaps its time you learned about this game, for it is altogether different from checkers." He paused for a second or two, turning back to the playing board before him. When the boy didn't move, he gestured with a wave of his hand, beckoning to him. "Come around and have a good look."

Once the boy was standing at the edge of the table, now more in front of Griffo, the old gaffer spoke again. "This is a chess board. And unlike simple checkers, each kind of piece has its very own purpose. And though I can't really tell you if that's just how we play it in Stock or not, I have only played it one way. And the same goes for checkers. Where you from, boy, if not Stock?"