View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 09:46 AM   #254
Kiara
Animated Skeleton

Kiara has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The young dwarf reached her hand tremulously towards the elf's,

"Parin; Parin Stonemouth" she said, abruptly, and then, remembering her manners: "a pleasure to meet you, m'lady. Parin then quickly gripped her tray with both hands to steady it, resisting the urge to curtsey so as not to send tankards (empty as they were!) to the floor. Aule and Illuvatar, if you care for your creations at all, please bless me now with an extra measure of grace with which to interact with this fair lady!, she prayed, and then:

"I did not observe any lapse in politesse, Ms. Piosenniel, I am your servant."

And with that, she whisked off to the kitchen to fulfill her duty and to put that nemesis of a serving tray away before it did her in for good. There she met yet another of Dwarin's new "helpers". Well, they never learn! She thought with a sly grin, and then continued her rummaging amongst Dwarin's stores until the desired provisions were found, and to Parin's own liking as well.

Returning to the small table, once again filled with confidence from her brief respite in the larder, Parin served what she had found with obvious relish.

"For a lady of your obvious standing, I chose a fabulous red zinfandel to pair with your tastes in fruit and bread, I hope you find it to your liking: it is fairly light, so as not to overwhelm your delicate meal: a few fresh apricots, black cherries, and newly picked raspberries and strawberries from our brambly patch of garden in the back--I put some fresh cream also, on the side, in case it tempts your fancy--and a selection of scones, fine white loaf bread, or herbed flat bread for you to choose from--oh, yes, and for your gentleman friend," she said, turning towards the intelligent-looking beast that occupied the floor at the she-elf's feet with a warm expression of welcome for him, "Sir, I have brought you some sirloin tips to go with our finest well-water--no table scraps for the companion of an elf! I hope they suit your appetite." And then with a small flourish of her dimpled fingers, she dipped into her long-delayed curtsey.

"May I be of any further service to you, Ms. Piosenniel?"

[ December 09, 2002: Message edited by: Kiara ]
"What if you slept, and what if in your sleep you dreamed, and what if, in your dream, you went to paradise and there plucked a beautiful flower...and what if when you awoke, you held that flower in your hand? Ah, what then?"