View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 05:07 PM   #256
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
The hobbit lass was still standing against the wall when she saw that one of the three hobbit girls she had seen earlier was getting up. She was thrilled when the lass walked right up to her, but she tried to stay calm. The girl said, "I am Willow Overhill. Would you like to join Mira, Daisy and I to chat? After all, we hobbit girls should stick together." They both smiled, and she followed Willow back over to where the other two were waiting and watching them with smiles on their faces.

"I'm Lily Thistlewool," she said. The other two introduced themselves as Daisy and Mira. Then she noticed the fiddle which was still sitting in Daisy's lap. "Do you play the fiddle?" Lily asked.

"Me? No, this is Willow's." Daisy replied, and handed the fiddle back to Willow. The three hobbits explained their idea of Willow and Mira playing their instruments and Daisy singing that night.

"Do you play an instrument too?" asked Mira.

"Yes, I've been playing the fiddle for a couple of years now," replied Lily. "My fiddle has been my most treasured belonging ever since -" she paused awkwardly. She hadn't meant to say so much. "Ever since I began playing," she amended hastily. "I have it up in my room. I could go get it later." She waited for their replies, and hoped they hadn't noticed her slip up.