View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 11:36 PM   #381
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Uhg. I very very much wanted to see what would happen if I allowed others to post first. I wanted to keep my eyes open for some things. But timing is against me. I feel the need to speak now, for all of you likely won't give me anything to respond to until I'm in bed, and tomorrow I won't be able to post probably until the eight-hours-left mark.

So, grudgingly, here are my thoughts.

Roa died? Hmmm.....

This selection was not what I expected. Will it throw us off course, or help us zero in on the culprit?

The first thing that comes to mind is that Roa's death leaves us with a name- SPM.

Early in the day she spent a good deal of time on SPM, and he was at that point her primary suspect along with Esty.

Roa's list can be found here.

I'm wondering about SPM... the night before, lmp was killed, and when hearing the news I imagine most of you immediately thought of SPM due to the bickering that took place the day before. And then last night, Roa is killed, and her remaining suspect is none other than SPM.

Is SPM a WW making ridiculously bold choices and assuming that everyone will think no WW would ever do such a thing, or does someone really really want to set up SPM for a lynch?

Regarding the idea that SPM is being set up, Nogrod would be my primary suspect. Not only did he point suspicion towards SPM yesterday, but he also showed some late faith in Roa, and she had him as one of two on her "probably innocent" list, which makes him look good today.

But then again, perhaps killing Roa was an attempt to get us to do exactly as I have done, which is make this a two horse race between SPM and someone who comes to be suspected as setting SPM up. Maybe we shouldn't let that happen?

Then let's try something else. Let me ask you this- with Roa's death is there anyone who is likely to fade away somewhat? Di perhaps? She attracted votes on day 1 and fewer on day 2 and then none yesterday. And Di had very nice standing on Roa's list- right at the top as "probably innocent" (along with Nog).

And conveniently, Di has announced that she will be completely absent today. Is she a WW not only banking on us turning today into a two horse race, but also counting on us giving her the same pass that we gave to Kath yesterday?

And also, has anyone noticed that the victim every night has been from my side of the Atlantic? A coincidence, or strategy? It seems to me that the schedule benefits someone from America, for they can easily be present at the beginning and end of every day, and thus set the tone as well as use their vote well.

Is the WW a European seeking to be rid of its American opponents who find the schedule so accommodating, or is the WW Di, and she thinks that having villagers all from a different region than her will cause the lynchee to emerge from their ranks every time, for they will all be present and arguing at the same time, where as she will be safely gone during the heat of battle, and can use her convenient time-zone to set the tone early and decide the voting late.

What are your thoughts?