View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 08:32 AM   #385
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye last post for a while

I have a quick chance to post, but I won't be able to again for about five hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
I have half a mind to suggest lynching the phantom simply for his insufferable comments during, and in the aftermath of, the chaos that surrounded yesterDay's lynching, particularly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
It was fun, Esty. I tried to save you. Die honorably, and rest in peace.
Say what you want, SPM, but I don't take that comment back. The fact is, it is so rare to have Esty in a village and she is such a delightful person that I felt the need to say goodbye upon her death. It was the first time she has ever died, for she lived to be victorious in her first village (which was my village if you recall, WW XII).

And not only that, but at the end I was quite sure that she was innocent, and so I wished her a good death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
As for the reasoning which led to Esty's lynching, I would observe that three of us (at least two of whom are innocent) believed that Esty's reappearance at such an hour looked Wolfish.
You seriously need to recondsider what looks Wolfish. I will repost what I said towards the end of yesterday-
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
So how come you are here if you're not wholly disturberd about your fate and why to be disturbed about a game if you were not indeed the wolf?
I don't agree with your reasoning. Why shouldn't an innocent want to save his own life?

The ONLY way for an innocent to guarantee victory for the village is to be the last person standing himself, for an ordo knows ONLY his OWN identity for sure.

Should an ordo be willing to sacrifice his own life? If there is a Seer or other gifted to protect, then yes, but there are none such individuals here. I personally have no plans of letting myself die at any point, and therefore I refuse to condemn Esty for it.
++Roa
The fact is, as "Wolfish" as you thought Esty's behavior was, to me she started looking more innocent with every post and by the time it was all decided and I made my "die honorably" comment I was more certain of her innocence than anyone else.

There! I just thought I had to say that because your view on what is Wolfish so often gets me angry. In game after game you are always on and on about how someone putting up a fight and refusing to be lynched is Wolfish, and that notion is so incredibly wrong. I'll never understand that logic.