Thread: Dumbing it down
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 05:37 AM   #115
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Quote:
I think some of the changes made by him and his partners reflect their limitations as filmmakers.
Yes, Mr. Underhill, that's why I have a problem with people thinking Jackson is some great director. LOTR is by far his best movie I think, then Heavenly Creatures is supposedly good but I haven't seen it, everything else is just junk. I'm waiting to see which Jackson shows up for King Kong. If I can see that Jackson has broken away from his old directing days, then we'll see what happens. Jackson I think has good potential, but that's just it, potential.

Quote:
Watching his death in the movie I get the feeling Jackson wants me to cheer over the fact that the 'bad guy' has got his comeuppance (sp?).
That irks me a little. When people praise Legolas for killing Grima, the awful baddie, that helped Saruman. The same case with Denethor, he wasn't shown to be very kind. People cracking up laughing, when Gandalf whacks him in the face a couple times. I can understand making the steward look bad, because in his own ways he was. However, the no-mannered, cherry spatting, punching bag is another example of PJ just taking things too far, and slamming an idea down our throat.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote