View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 07:04 PM   #63
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Helen, you have reminded me that I have not expressed how Orual appears in my mind, though she is probably the 'Downer I have had a mental image of for the longest time.

Orual, it is very simple and rather understandable, the way I picture you. You have red hair that is short but not too short, and you have a quick way with words that can make sharp-tongued hobbits pout with frustration because they can't think of anything clever enough to answer with. You're a great tease but you have a very kind, compassionate heart, and a wonderful gift at understanding the sorrows of others. You're more of a 'slender' type rather than 'skinny.' And of course I must not forget to mention that you have a twin brother that you are very fond of but ran away from.

I don't have a mental image of you yet, Imladris, though I came dangerously close to imagining you always as Gorby Brandybuck. Thank goodness I fought admirably with my mind, eh? I do think however, that you have golden curls.

Kransha, that poem was hilarious but also truly remarkable. Maybe Sigurd should see if such an ode to Maercwen would win her heart!

Quote:
Oh, but don't you think Fordim is a rambunctious, enthusiastic, panting, just-house-broken puppy?
*glances suspiciously at Fordim* Well, Bethberry, if I use all the willpower of my imagination I can see him as thus, save the image of him teaching a roomfull of students. I cannot picture that.

EDIT : Helen, I did forget to thank you for an adjective you used in your description of me. I have regretted the fact that in all my life only one person has used the word 'slender' in opposed to 'skinny.' With your use of the word I can make it two. Slender is more graceful than skinny, or so I've always felt. And so the humblest thanks! *bow*

Last edited by Nurumaiel; 06-29-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Nurumaiel is offline   Reply With Quote