View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #302
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thanks Oddwen for the read out!

I'll try to get a "teaser mix" done tomorrow with help of Greenie (singing the choirs with me & playing the flutes).

Your voice is nice indeed!

The crickets chirping in the background build a nice athmosphere...

But... okay listen to it first everyone tomorrow as I send it to the Xanga and provide you with a link. Let's then discuss the following.

What I'd say for myself is that if you could make it one more time, not going so fast... kind of reading it with "all the time in your hands" - like thinking you were telling a story to your grandchildren and wished to keep up the suspense... or whatever.

Now I think the reading is a bit hasty, like the reader was in a hurry to reach the goal.

Also. As there is some background hum (the crickets actually? it sounds like them... and so nice!) it would be easier if I could fill the gaps in the narration with that original hum from your recording. Now if I make a break in the narration (cut the file and continue it fex. two seconds afterwards) the hum stops and then re-begins. And that sudden shutting off and re-starting of the hum is heard... (some of it can be covered with bringing forwards the music but not all)

So if you'd be so kind - after we'd heard you and others speak their minds as this might just be a question of my aesthetic ear hearing it that way - as to record it once more; with no hurry, easily, like you told the story to someone you love and care... and leaving good gaps between sentences that do not need to follow each other suit (and that's surely for you to decide which sentences should be tightly tied to one another) and between paragraphs a good 5 second break.

It's easy to shorten a too long break from the original recording but if I need to add breaks they will be totally silent and thence be heard being different from your normal pauses between sentences...

And do not worry about the failed parts... it was easy to clip them off (albeit in one case where you restarted it so soon that it was hard to cut it on the mark...). So if it goes wrong just draw your breath, let a second go in silence and take it a new (like you did most of the time). That's easy for me to handle.

Great to see this moving forwards.

And I think it will sound that great tomorrow that all those unsure about what this project might be will get confidence. This is worth doing indeed!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote