View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 09:08 AM   #8
Aredhel Idril Telcontar
Wight

Aredhel Idril Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Gabriele (Gaby)
Future aspirations: to publish a fantasy novel and to prove that Elves are real to the masses
Goal in life: to become the Secretary General of the UN
Short term goals: to survive school, to be accepted in a good university
Passion: anything to do with Tolkien or fantasy in general, learning languages
Hobbies: Reading, writing, drawing, basketball, football, singing
Famous for (ok this is where you get to brag about yourself): Umm... being able to speak English better than my English teacher. Also being the smartest person and only Tolkien nerd in my class (yay!!)

Fave book: anything J.R.R. Tolkien is partly responsible for. Also Robert Jordan's series: The Wheel of Time and Steven Erikson's books.
Fave movie: Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, The Matrix: Reloaded, Robin Hood: Men in Tights [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Fave sport: basketball, like everyone else's in my country [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Fave store: [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] hate stores [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Fave music: Rock, Rap and RnB

What you can't stand: people who think Elves are small and green, unhygenic-ness.
What you plain dislike: dishonesty, people who translate movies (the ones that do the voice-overs) [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
What you admire: polyglots, honesty, bravery, intelligence, aesthetes
What you most love to do: read fantasy, surf the net, walking in forests [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img], writing fantasy
Your self-confesed flaws: I'm a bit of an egotist. Also perfectionism (though that can be a virtue)
What intrigues/fascinates you: mysterious happenings, origins of languages/countries/peoples. History in general
What scares you: imprisonment
Quotation you live by: "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from medicore minds" - Albert Einstein. Also,
"There's always room at the top"
"Nesvarbu kada mirsi, svarbu kaip" (Doesn't matter when you die, it's how you die that matters)
Aditional comments: I'd rather be dead at the Downs than anywhere else