View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 03:57 PM   #15
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Kithrena: first of all: welcome! I hope you find this site to be all you hoped it to be! Happy death!

Secondly: I'm sure there are many boards for the specific actors/characters out there. I know that the characters actually do have their own sites, because I stumbled upon a few of them, and the actors certainly do. Wouldn't that be a better place post on for that topic?

And, I did once happen upon a Forum that had a "Drool Room" of sorts, and it was kind of...erm...bad. I mean, I think it destroys the entire point of this board, personally. I mean: you can look for the site if you want (before posting this, I took about 15 minutes trying to find it again, but failed).

Also: about the Slash, while I don't personally find it either offensive or amusing, many people find it the first, so: I highly doubt that they would have Slash Fanfiction on this site anywhere. Also: you do not know how young some of the people here might be.

And, the moderators moderate so much already and the rooms are getting so crowded that I do not think the site could really deal with that kind of mass drooling at once. I mean: they already started closing topics and they deleted many Freestyle RPG's to make room, I believe. And, it would be hard to moderate the room in general because of the kind of people the room would attract.

Also: Kithrena: while you seem willing to "share" your love for Orlando Bloom, there are many, many people who are not. I once, when asked what I thought of Orlando Bloom in the movie, replied "I thought he made a really good Legolas!" and was met with "Uh-uh! Hands off! He's mine girlie!" Yes: I know: delusional, obsessive, pathetic were all words that popped into my mind too...but: they would probably happen upon the site too, and then they would probably contribute to the other topics and...well...okay: I'll stop complaining about what would happen now...gee: and when I first read that, I thought "hmmm: that might be a good idea...". I have to stop thinking so much... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]