View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 07:56 AM   #60
Zohariel
Animated Skeleton

Zohariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As the group continued, with Tallin's wolves trotting placidly for once, a dapple grey pong came galloping round the corner, too fast to stop. The whole company dived to one side and the mare stopped, just a few inches from a tree. Atop its grey back sat an obviously well to do woman, in a dark green skirt, thick cream jumper, black boots and a green bonnet. Definatley not from round here- the clothes were too unpractical.
She leapt down with a cheery grin on her face- a face that, they could now see, did not fit with the body. It was a young, round, childish face, with wide blue eyes full of naievity, and a mass of golden brown curls tumbling round her shoulders. She was short, but solid, slim yet robust, and hanging from her belt was a sword and heavy hammer, looking quite out of place.
The maiden stepped forward, offering a sweaty palm to Raye. And very fast, in a high, well bred voice, she said, "Hello! I'm Yenhofir Goudbenn- I'm from Gondor you know, but I was out here looking for adventure and my pony just sort of ran away with me- he's called Quintin, he's really rare and he was a fifteenth birthday present from my dad- I wasn't allowed to have one before then because he was scared I'd fall off, I'm not clumsy or anything though but you know fathers they are so overprotective and as I'm the youngest I bear the brunt of it but I don't really mind anyway can you tell me where I am please I'm sort of lost- my pony ran away with me, like I said who are you?"