View Single Post
Old 02-22-2001, 09:16 AM   #25
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seeker of the Straight Path
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Green Elves

I don't think this was posted earlier , onlyreferred to , but if it was apologies.

It is regarding the statement the the green elves were vegetarians.
War of the Jewels p.218 [and in the Silmarillion also I believe]: This is a representative of the Nandor speaking to Finrod-
<blockquote>Quote:<hr> &quot; ... these folk [Men] are hewers of trees and hunters of beasts: therefore we are their unfriends, and if the y do not depart, we shall afflict them in all ways that we can.&quot; <hr></blockquote>

I will admit it is not rock solid proof , but it is a likely interpretation.
the one tale in which we here about others interacting/ dwelling w/ the greeen -Elves is Beren the vegetarian { it is hard to cut steak w/ one hand after all} and it is the Ents [also vegetarian] who help destroy the dwarves who attacked Menegroth.

Lindil is often found on posting on the Silmarillion Project at the Barrowowns<u> Silmarillion canon , theories and discussion Forum </u> 'The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night, and awaken early before dawn- exchanging lore and wisdom such as they possessed , so that they should not fall back into the mean and low estate of those , who never knew or more sadly still, had indeed rebelled against the Light.' </p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.