View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 12:18 PM   #144
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Caught up in learning the steps to the dance, Rie did not notice the door opening. She watched Aman's feet very carefully, slowly copying the motions, looking around to Lindo and Poppy for approval. A grin spread across her face as she picked up speed. She wished that she was wearing lighter shoes, but as it was her boots did not impair her too much. She laughed aloud as she finally understood the dance, and she danced it vigorously until she felt a small gust of wind and heard a familiar voice call out, "Hello!"

She turned around, astonished, and her face broke into a huge smile. Her dear friend's face echoed it. "Rie!" Nuru cried.

Laughing, Rie ran over and embraced Nurumaiel, practically swinging her off of her feet. "It's been so long!" Rie exclaimed, holding her friend at arm's length to take a thorough look at her. "Well, you look as good as ever, but that's to be expected, is it not? A little travel-worn, but you've always been able to get rid of that soon enough." She smiled warmly, the beginnings of tears stinging her eyes. Wiping them away briskly, she led Nurumaiel to a chair.

"Now, Nuru," she said in a cheery voice, "what news of the outside world? Have you seen Talomi or anyone lately?"