View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 12:26 PM   #254
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Atharen

"Don't leave me tonight, Atharen. Please."

Crystal's words startled Atharen and for a moment he stared at her, then, taking her hands, he shook his head. Her eyes widened and she looked so deeply, truly hurt that he wished that he could have said yes - but the ranger had always been a man of integrity, a gentleman.

"Lady Crystal, although I..." he caught himself and tried again. "Although I understand, and you must know that...my kisses are in earnest, I cannot stay with you tonight. You are upset, I wouldn't..." he looked away. Take advantage.

"No, Atharen - I am not so upset that I do not know-" her eyes were shining in the dark shadows of the room, but Atharen shook his head slowly, catching her eyes with his.

"It would be wrong, Crystal. I must say no. After the quest, I...but now? Things are complicated enough as it is." He looked into her fine, slightly tilted eyes, urging her to understand. "Please."

Slowly, she nodded. "I understand."

He smiled tenderly, and leant down again, tilting his head to kiss her, more gently this time, on the mouth, then he let go of her hands. "Then I bid you goodnight, and shall look forward to tomorrow..."

"As shall I," she replied softly. With a smile and a nod, he slipped into the shadows and away.