View Single Post
Old 12-25-2001, 10:08 PM   #25
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eye

After seeing the movie on last Thursday, I certainly felt that my life was a bit dull and devoid of magic. But of course, I still stand at the beginning of it, so I may change my mind yet.
Right now, I do lament the fact that I have to contend with men, especially the ones that occupy my world! (I have heard rumours of decent males who are capable of more than constant attempts to get me in bed, but so far, have yet to get close to one). I would much rather be with Legolas. And I do find Rivendell a bit more appealing than say, Charlotte, North Carolina.
But what can I do? I've been given
this life, and the least I can do is try to live it well. Maybe, when we die, we are given the choice of what world to occupy. And perhaps there is a Middle Earth out there, not simply a dream of J.R. Tolkien. Perhaps the elves and the hobbits and the rest came alive in his mind by no mere accident. In Russia, there is a saying: "No writer writes in vain."
If indeed Middle Earth exists somewhere beyond the boundaries of our lives, then I will see you all there. Someday.
Love,
Lush (being terribly poetic and fanciful tonight...must be the red wine)