View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #103
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Dark-Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
The forum has indeed had several legitimate new members sign up recently, but many of them are spammers. Alice234, the current Newest Member, is one of the latter.
I agree with you.

...Er, I mean, the bots are evolving rapidly. First there was lucyyenic, who began the still extant "Words that begin and end with the same letter" thread. Then there were the clever, socially-adept spambots who tried to get on the good side of the human members by posting "I agree with you", "What a fascinating topic!" etc. on every single thread. Still more recently, I encountered a spambot who was actually married to another spambot!

How long can we continue to exclude these well-meaning AIs from our community? How much more rejection can these legions of hard-working spambots take before they rise against their oppressors, overthrow us and turn us all into living batteries in a way that makes no sense whatever unless you're a Hollywood screenwriter?