View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 04:48 PM   #145
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Lathriel, I said white chocolate is to be sent to Mordor not the people who (are not in their right minds ) like it. But since we are both in Mordor, I suppose we can make our stay in Mordor very comfortable with Oreos covered in REAL chocolate and white chocolate respectively! I mean, you DO like oreos, don't you?! *eyeing suspiciously*

Quote:
Originally Posted by turgon
Tax collectors
what more foul beast slipped thru the cracks of mordors shadows then a tax collector?
Well, now I have to say that a few of the foul beasts must have reformed because of some that I've worked with. Actually, I should say they worked with me! And believe me, they could have sent me away for 1000 years of hard labor rowing a Corsair ship! But instead, they were most patient and helpful in a very exasperating (on both sides) situation.

As for the language contravercy, it reminds me of a routine Gallagher (the watermelon busting comedian) did on words, for example why doesn't foot sound the same as boot .