View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 08:10 AM   #97
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Mordaenárur spun about and dealt Chrysophylax a blow to the noggin with the Entish Broom. Chrysophylax just stood there for a minute. Then he took a drink from his bottle and said, "Pardon misunderstood your beg but I you perhaps me! Bridge have to cross the I!"

Everyone stared at him for a minute.

"Canyon!" snapped Chrysophylax. "Me unless you listen way want suggest I you toss my get of out you to into the that!"

Everyone only stared at him for another minute. Only Earnur Etceteron gravely shook his head. He’d been down this road before.

The Balfrog made no reply, he only stood there with an extremely befuddled look on his face.

Meanwhile, Chrysophylax was trying to figure out why his demands for passage and threats of bodily harm were having so little effect. Then he had to try and remember why he needed to get across the bridge in the first place. That blow to the head had not helped matters! He took another drink and tried to remember how that had happened.

Suddenly, he noticed that there was this funny group of five wingless, yet shadowy, creatures spinning around in front of him. Each one of them seemed to be wielding a large broom.

Finally Chrysophylax said, "This is your last chance! Either get out of my way or I will ram those brooms down your throats!" Well, that’s what he tried to say. What he actually said was something more along the lines of, "Last this your chance is! Ram either my broom that way out your or I will get down!!!"

The Balfrog started to sneer and chuckle.

That did it!!!! Throw down time!!!!

Chrysophylax threw down the rest of his bottle (which certainly made him feel like breathing fire and brimstone) and then chucked the bottle at the mysterious creature that was second from the left.

Strangely enough, even though the bottle seemed to hit the creature squarely in the head, it just smashed down on the ground behind it as if the creature was not even there.

Everyone burst out laughing.

While Chrysophylax was still standing there and stupidly trying to figure out what had just happened, the Balfrog stepped forward and smacked Chrysophylax back into the wall with his Broom.

Chrysophylax rolled over and looked up.

"Oh-NO!!! This is not good!!!" he thought to himself. "They’re multiplying right before my eyes!!!" Indeed, they seemed to be, because now Chrysophylax saw ten of them. Chrysophylax dragged himself to his feet and tried to reckon up which one of his adversaries looked the most dangerous. By using geographical logic he decided that the third from the right was the one that posed him the greatest danger. Gathering all his powers together he sprang at his attacker.

"Ha-Ha!!" Chrysophylax chuckled to himself. "Let’s hear them laugh now!!!"

BUT WHAT’S THIS???!! Chrysophylax’s unerring instincts had somehow managed to fail him! He pounced squarely on top of the third creature from the right and had grabbed…

Nothing at all…

*THUMP-CRUNCH* he went on the ground!

Yes, he was definitely hearing them laugh now! As Chrysophylax rolled over on the ground, his twenty-five opponents (amazing how well he could keep track of these things considering his condition!) walked up to him and prepared to smash him with their Brooms.

Finally, Chrysophylax did something sensible (sort of). He decided that this was no time to mess around. He lashed out with his tail in a desperate effort to fell some of them and give him a chance to get up.

Chrysophylax was still feeling a bit mystified by the decided lack of the delightful sensation of his tail smashing the craniums of multiple attackers when he finally managed to land a blow on the real Balfrog.

*SMACK*

The Balfrog went hurtling toward the chasm. The Balfrog (being the sentimental type) took a moment of his flight to pause and reflect on how many wonderful stars there were down in that chasm! "How odd!" Mordaenárur thought.

This moment of introspection gave Mordaenárur the presence of mind to grab hold of the nearest thing that could keep him from falling in. This thing turned out to be Chrysophylax’s tail.

Alas, momentum and inertia being what they are, Mordaenárur pulled a very startled Chrysophylax down into the depths with him.

"Oh well," thought Mordaenárur to himself, "now we get to have that falling fight sequence we missed earlier in the story!"

"Oh yes, Grrufff, that’s right!" thought Chrysophylax, remembering his new-found love but forgetting his wings.

[ October 29, 2003: Message edited by: Kuruharan ]