View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #337
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
A question for everyone: how do you feel about the phantom (in general, not in this game specifically). Do you tend to trust him?
I doubt many ever do. Maybe Form and Morm do a bit. I'd say that trusting Phantom is probably an acquired taste, only adopted by those who have dealt with me and come to believe the best way of dealing with me is go with it and hope for the best, as the odds simply favor that approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Yeah, yeah, you think I'm a wolf trying to convince the bear not to go for me. (Never mind that I never actually argued that the bear should *avoid* killing wolves, just that it was ridiculous for you to expect xey would listen to you. Heck, I think most players, whether on your side or not, are inclined to do the opposite of what you say, even if it's what they planned on doing in the first place.)

You know, part of me thinks the point of the whole bear-advising exercise was to generate false suspects among those who couldn't stand idly by and listen to nonsense. If you vote for me, you'll prove it and I shall immediately vote for you.

Why do you people have to keep dragging me back to this game?
Hey now, all I said was that you probably aren't the Bear (i.e. I do not support anyone who suspects you for it). I made no accusation. You're the one who brought up the suspicion I voiced earlier about Wolvery. You should've left it lie, because now I have to respond, and I fear we'll have the same discussion all over again.

You say your objection is that you think it's silly that the Bear might listen to me? Well, first off, I have influenced other players before. You know I have. Second, who cares? If they dont' listen then they don't. Why bother being annoyed by me saying something that you figure will be ignored anyway?

And why do you keep calling it "nonsense"? It's not. It makes perfect sense to make sure the Bear is aware that the Villains + Cobbler are a huge threat to his victory. It makes sense from his perspective and from the villager perspective. It in no way, shape, or form qualifies as "nonsense". My biggest problem with you is you keep on trying to paint a useful idea as "nonsense", as if you're trying to discredit it. Why discredit an idea that will only help if adopted? That makes zero sense. You are the one making "nonsense" by even arguing about this.

Now seriously, you need to drop it. My suggestion was perfectly sensible as well as (most importantly) completely harmless to innocents, so there is nothing to be gained by opposing it. We're succeeding only in boring others at this point. Again, saying anything negative about the Bear killing the Villains makes no sense and accomplishes nothing unless you for some reason don't want baddies to die.

Last edited by the phantom; 08-13-2009 at 03:08 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote