View Single Post
Old 04-20-2001, 12:54 AM   #7
Telchar
Stonehearted Dwarf Smith

Telchar has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pile o' Bones
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: The choice of the Half-elven

The UT do not explain the fate of Mithrellas. Only says that she wanders of...
We do (unless I've missed something) not know what happend to her. Only that she slipped of in the night. And that her children Galador and Gilmith were countet among men and to there fate. As is stated above, this alone (that they have mortal blood in them) is enough to count them among men.

Actually Mithrellas may have died as a mortal? Somewhere it is said (in SILM I guess) that the two kindred of children was not allowed to &quot;mate&quot;/mary unless some great fate af Arda was involved - so for all I know Eru or Manvė migth have made a divine intervention and &quot;removed/punished&quot; her from ME. Where she is now we do not know. Anywhere &quot;still alive&quot; to &quot;in the halls of Mandos&quot; or even &quot;outside the cicles of Arda&quot; counted to the second chrildren.

Anyway! I am quite sure that Tolkien explained somewhere why the chrildren of Elrond also were granted the choise, but I haven't got all my books at hand at this time. It may be in the Letters or proberly in the HoME .

Cheers

</p>