View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #518
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The following is from a recent planning exchange between Helen and me, and we decided it's worth posting here for other active writers, especially Fea since it impacts her character plenty.

The fact of Indil/Angela complicates things for Raefindan/Imrazor rather mightily. That Fea chose that particular character was a rather powerful plot twist in its own right. Let me explain.

My theory on Roy Edwards, in terms of my own story, is that his journey into holiness results in his final disappearance from Ælde as he shifts into Eden/Paradise; at the moment of this shift, he detours into Middle Earth for this adventure of the Tapestry of Dreams. And so does Angela (which technically doesn't make sense because Indil is 7 years old and Angela has only been dead for 5 years, but we don't need to worry about that). But Roy has this amazing history he hadn't been aware of (which can remain localized to this rpg and need not enter my own story) such that he was Imrazor, and therefore partly Eldar, about to be reunited with Mithrellas! She will recognize him right off, and he will finally "get it", but Angela/Indil is right there too.

Roy will of course ask, "why?" And he will be tugged in two different directions, to what end I can't foresee yet.