View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 02:25 PM   #6
Morgoth the Great
Haunting Spirit

Morgoth the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Saruman is a treacherous worm, but the eye is on him"-Grishnakh. please excuse anything incorrect in this sentance, my copy of LOTR's is at my friends house [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] anyways, the point is, Sauron misstrusted Saruman incredibly, and as much as i hate to refer to the films, they do make a good point. Sauron is simply "using" Saruman to do his dirty work until he can regain strength. As has already been stated here, Saruman simply wouldnt have the strength to attack Mordor. A good example of this is the sheer size of the enemies at the black gate, towards the end of Return of the King. Sauron had a far superior army, sheerly in numbers, and also his faithfull Nazgul, induced such fear into the hearts of even their own Servants, that the Uruk-Hai would of found them extremely formidable. Saruman would of helped Sauron to defeat Gondor, and also, The Rohan, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Theoden, Eomer and of Course the influencial Eowyn would never of turned up to aid Gondor. Faramir would of perished, Theoden with him, Gondor falls. Then Sauron turns to Saruman, and simply destroys him easily, as Aragorn doesn't withdraw his gaze using the Palantir, and he catches Frodo(probably), returning the Ring of Power to him. He is then almost invicible, and even Isengard can't withstand Sauron. this is just my opinion on it, but i feel it substancial evdience.