View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 07:13 AM   #155
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
“What is the verdict – umm, I mean the point score – of the jury?” Leninia asked impatiently, as soon as she could take her eyes off the boygroup. Should those eyes have been focused on one especially manful specimen of the four, that was not noticed by any of the Showboatship.

“Errr, how many points am I allowed to give?” Soregum replied nervously.

“According to the rules of the Ardavision Song contest (also known as the Gränd Príx de la Chansôn),” answered Leninia, “each contestant may receive up to twelve points (zwölf Pûnktë, douzé pôints), and the candidate with the most pints – I mean, points – wins.”

Soregum pondered the possibilities, weighing the snappy performance of the SmallShire People against shows he had seen before. The song had a catchy melody; as a matter of fact, he couldn’t get it out of his head. The dancing had been eye-catching too; he cleared his throat and announced, “Te–“

“Darling,” Leninia interrupted, with a voice that conjured the image of a honey-coated dagger before his mind’s eye, “may I remind the jury that the Questers have several chances to accumulate points, while I have only one?” She fixed her hypnotic gaze upon him, waiting while he opened and closed his mouth a few times before speaking.

“Two points for the SmallShire People,” he said in a strangely monotone voice. Then he slumped back into his chair passively, waiting for the next performer.

Disappointment was rampant backstage. “That’s not fair!” Vogonwë exclaimed. “Our performance was professional, and that was great music, Gateskeeper! Where did you get it?”

But the one so queried did not care to share his secret sources and merely joined in the general complaining.

“The show must go on!” Merisuwyniel admonished them. “Who’ll go next?”

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 03-28-2004 at 07:11 AM.