View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 04:08 PM   #44
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Bęthberry caught yet another frown from Mithadan who was once again pointing to his watch. She looked out at the crowd of Downers in the auditorium and decided it was time to push ahead with the announcements.

She caught the bandmaster's eye, and he signalled a drum roll as she walked over to the microphone.

Ladies and Gentledead, we have a rare honour to acknowledge here tonight. RPGing is an art of interaction, of taking direction, of cooperation--

Here Bęthberry noticed Mithadan making frantic slashing actions to his neck, and so she nearly decided to take longer making her presentation. But when she saw the wargs move closer to the stage, she decided to take mercy on the patience of the audience.

Yet it is not often that we have gamers falling over each other attempting to set up ensemble ownership. Everyone wants a piece of the ideas, but no one wants to do the real writing of proposals.

For this reason, I must call upon a cast of thousands, er, well, really just four, Auriel Haevasawen, Brinniel, Ithaeliel, and Mattius, whose model of deportment is a, um, model for all of us.

Ladies and Gentledead, I am pleased to award the Downie for Fastest Delegation of Writing Responsibility for a Proposal in an Ensemble Cast to the four owners of The Blue Mountains and Threat of the Trees.

Maestro, please, will you play Carly Simon's "Procrastination"? Or, on reflection, make that "Anticipation?

The background singers immediately sequed into a rendition of

Anticipation, Anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting

A huge round of cheers and applause filled the hall as people caught sight of four Downies being presented at once.