View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 06:00 PM   #67
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

pio pushed Bęthberry back out on stage. Go help her, for pity's sake. It will take more than a bad mike to get rid of Vogonwë.

Bęthberry reluctantly walked back out on stage, her ears ringing more from the fractured verse than from the screeching mike. Clapping her hands with much glee and delight (she was sure said hands would be quite raw and bloodied by the time the evening was concluded) she smiled her immense satisfaction at Birdland's achievements as a naturalist and then whispered delicately to another of her favourite companions from Revenge of the Entish bow.

Diamond, my dear, shall I inform Vogonwë that I have just received a very Private Message from O Lando? There is some possibility he will be appearing this evening.

Diamond's slightly hysterically feverishly shocked face took on a look of relief tinged with delight. She turned to Vogonwë, mouthed the words, 'O Lando's coming', and watched as the peripathetic poet promptly passed into paroxisms of sputtering, hapless platitudes and plaudits of imperilous envy.

Bęthberry handed Diamond a handkerchief and both women, as delicately as they could in these post-SARS days, wiped the sprayed spittle from their faces as they led the distraught dispatcher of disproportioned dithyrambs off the stage.