View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 11:33 PM   #130
Tarthang
Wight

Tarthang has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The first book I ever read was the Hobbit in fifth grade and LOTR within two years and since (and reread around 100 times for these four books), plus many of Tolkiens other works since.
Finished Lewis' Narnia Chronicles by eigth grade.
Other authors read include: Robert Jordans (IMO best author next to Tolkien)Wheel of Time Series (nine times through in it's entirety to date). Robert Asprins Myth series among others. The first half of Piers Anthony's Xanth series. Most of David Eddings works (he wrote what I consider two nine book series but can't recall the names).
Dave Mcfarland (??) Rune-lords series to date. Many of Alan-Dean Foster's works (all of the Pip & Flinx series to date). Stephen Kings Gunslinger series to date plus some of his other works. Anne Rices Witches series. Weiss and Hickmans Dragonlance series (plus many Dragonlance by other authors)plus the another series (can't recall the name but was mentioned in an earlier post for this thread. Many of the various Forgotten Realm series. George R.R. Martins series to date (again can't recall the name but was also mentioned earlier). Melanie Rawns Ambrai and Dragonstar/scroll series. Some of Katherine Kurtz's Deverry series. Many of L.E. Modessit's works. Andre Nortons Witchworld series. Dennis L. McKiernans Mithgar series (hasn't been mentioned yet and has a strong Tolkienish feel).
Authors I've read but am having trouble recalling the series names include: Burroughs, Orson Scott Card, Maggie Fury, Stephen Donaldson, Tad Williams, Cristopher Stasheff, Jennifer Roberson, Terry Goodkind, Terry Brookes and a great many others whom I can't recall.
As you can tell, I read a lot, especially series books. Unfortunately I'm at a point where I walk into a bookstore to see if any of these authors has released a new book to a currently ongoing series, and usually leave empty handed.
Tarthang is offline   Reply With Quote