View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 06:52 PM   #23
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Nalana has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nalana
Silmaril

Pookabunny, I agree with all that you said. that's EXACTLY how I feel with what you said. I'm sorry, but some of you seem to get out of line, putting down PJ in anyway possible because of certain scenes, characters, etc. altered. <P>I think that PJ has done EXTREMELY well. Some things are confusing, yes, but also remember that this is a 3 hour movie, and not literally speaking, some important parts in the movie needed to be dealt with a little bit differently. And some scenes were deleted, which bummed everyone somehow. <P>It was also mentioned that there will most likely be Special Edition disc, and not that your fav. scene or character will show up, but there's always a chance.<P>Please remember that some parts of the audience haven't read the book or don't understand it. Everyone has an opinion, like I mine, but there's a line between input/criticism and being overly offensive. I admire all the actors, directors, and producers that have to deal with that kind of criticism. <P>Bottom line: I think some of you are taking this a little <B>too</B> seriously.<P>Whew! Well enough of my rambling. I did not intend on replying to this thread this way, but when certain members get overly offensive, it offends me.