View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #93
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Tom Cruise? Oh man, he already ruined War of The Worlds...
But on subject I beleive that The Hobbit can succeed but I see it as being a very tense movie. The game between Gollum and Bilbo has to have an air of death around it because for me that is the most nerve-wracking part of the story.
I finally saw War of the Worlds yesterday. I was seriously wary of it because of Cruise being in it, but I had a shock in store - it was a cracking film. War of the Worlds has been a tale I've loved ever since a student teacher read us the HG Wells tale in primary school (I was only eight so you can imagine how frightening it was!), and every recent film I've seen Cruise in he's overacted and been just too intense for his own good (namely Eyes Wide Shut, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Vanilla Sky), but he was understated and seemed like a real person in WotW.

Anyway, methinks that was a spoof ad anyhow...

I'm not so sure about Sam Raimi directing The Hobbit. Spiderman 2 was good, but I found the first one pretty boring, the Green Goblin was more funny than scary and it all seemed to be an excuse to show Kirsten Dunst in a wet t-shirt. Disappointing after the hype. But really I don't tend to follow directors, I'm not a film buff, I just remember them if they do something notably disappointing or not. Maybe the script writing will be more important, seeing as it was what spoiled the LotR films.

A wag wot I know has suggested they hire Mike Leigh to do The Hobbit...