View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #42
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
No lectures about cast stones, if you please.

I sincerely apologize, though I must say that, being older, I can't help but lecture...plus feeling 'holier than thou' always gives me such a warmth.

Quote:
If he hadn't wanted a public display of displeasure, he wouldn't have made a blatantly public statement. Given that he chose a public forum for his admission, it is unfair that I should be lambasted for an honest public reaction.
Hmmm...I just reread what I wrote in response to you, and I can spin it as an explanation of *my* thoughts in regards to this. I don't think that I was saying anything about you or your reaction per se, though it is a response to "others forgive blatant deception pretty easily." I, being one of the others, did forgive because, for me, there wasn't anything to forgive. Others may feel differently, and he will have to deal with them as necessary, as I had also stated. Anyway, my response to you is an explanation of my reaction.

Sorry if you felt attacked (though I still will try to lecture when I can).

Quote:
Whether or not I overreact, that aspect of the matter is private, and has been dealt with quietly, efficiently, politely, and, above all, privately.
Sure; maybe that's how you would have done it, or maybe BoroKent would have done it if he had the chance to do it again. But here we are.

And did I *state* that you overreacted?

Quote:
And whether or not I forgive him for misleading me for the past five years is, succinctly, nobody's business but ours.
Much agreed. I forgave him (again; didn't care) publicly, as that was my thing.