View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #768
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Actually I remember a time in the very distant past - WWX - when all the werewolves survived as well. Incidentally, Wilwarin modded that game and one of the victorious wolves was Boromir88. Of course, this time four wolves survived and that may be a first. WWX was a very different game, but I think the ordinary villagers made similar mistakes: a lack of confidence in their own judgment (this was definitely true for me this game) and overly relying on the judgment of "experienced" players (or loudmouths). In WWX the wolves were able to take over the village because of this. In this game, some of the vocal players simply made the wrong choices (which happens to us all every now and then, and definitely to all of us this game). I know this has been brought up before but it would be a nice experiment to see what would happen in a village in which we were all anonymous without some people automatically assuming a leadership position because of their were-miles. Also, no more meta reasoning

I think it's quite funny how everyone sort of knew who the wolves were all game long but still we failed. When I told Eomer of the Rohirrim, who is in bed with a high fever at the moment, that the wolves had achieved a flawless victory (without revealing any of the kills after Shasta) the conversation went roughly like this:

Eomer: So was Mac a wolf?
Me: No, just misguided after all. Want to guess?
Eomer: Let me see... Nessa. Skip. Who else was playing? Wilwarin. And err... Boromir88?
Me: Yea. Exactly.
Eomer: Foolish village.

Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote