View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #1661
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
I think the first speaker is an unnamed king of Cardolan.
Yes, that's the wight I had in mind.

As for the second speaker, Finrod definitely fits, as Nerwen said, except that the spears weren't his but Barahir's.

Thinking aloud, the throne is in cold, dark, and stone - meaning that it does not have to be abandoned or subterranean, but surrounded by the said things (eg in stone walls). Then, "it's late". What? And "black pit is your fate" doesn't necessarily mean he perished in a pit, it just has a big part to play in his life. And there is some sort of prophecy or foresight about it.

I think it's also interesting that the first person preaks with "you", but the second uses "thou". What does this mean? Well, one thing is clear - that I should stop analyzing the riddle linguistically and start coming up with solutions.

Anyways, now I'm wondering if the second King in question might be sort of outside the box, someone that's not an Elf/Man/Dwarf. Therefore my next guess would be the King of Cardolan Wight and Morgoth.

Morgoth doesn't really fit the spear part (and doesn't really fit at all, except with a stretch of black pit into the Void and for the throne), but I won't calm down until I get him out of my system.