View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
There’s no doubt about it, Sauron the deceiver lied to the great smiths to create rings of power, so that he could give them to the great leaders of the races of Middle Earth, in hopes of controlling them all.

-He nearly controlled the Elves, but they were too clever for him.
-The Dwarves were a hardy race, and to resistant for him to take an immediate toll on them.
-The leaders of the race of men, however, fell victim to his scheme and became his greatest servants, the Nazgul.

Sauron also through his web of lies and deceit gained another dark servant: Saruman, another person who was known to be skilled with deceiving people and controlling them, as we saw with Theoden.

Now I have nothing to prove this thought, but wasn’t Sauron the one who brought about the destruction of Numenor? I’m pretty sure he corrupted the King at the time, but it has been a long time since I have read the Silmarillion.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 11-26-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote