View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #6
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I have a vague idea that this question of the "Barrow Downs merchandise" has been discussed a time or two, especially as there are some people who fex. have the shirts which us others envy so much - and looking at the fact that the net-site needs to be payed for every once in a while I'd think it would be also reasonable.

I don't think anyone wishes to turn this site into a money-making commercial engine of profit - or to be a part of that kind of a venture. But a low key thing would fit this place just fine: a t-shirt, a mug - with a decent price. An order of hundred or two would probably go more or less immediately?

It would bring a few coppers to the locker of the site to pay for the site - and maybe the BW could get to eat out one time with the money from us (which I think he'd deserve). And we could every once in a while proudly wear our 'Downs T-shirts and drink our morning coffee form a 'Downs mug.
Basically my thoughts. I mean, you can do a survey, but I can imagine that, say, 20 mugs (or whatever) would be gone before people would even know it and some will start complaining that they didn't manage to get them on time. And yes - I would very much even like to donate something to the BD, and this form would give it even more reason to do it, so it won't be just "random", but sort of rewarding as well.

I wouldn't say hundred, I would say fifty will go pretty well, with possibly no leftovers, but say a hundred of "something" would probably leave a bit of leftovers to be slowly sold out as replacements etc. Maybe. I'm of course just guessing.

Anyway, the basic idea, I think, would find large support, especially since it's been quite some time since something like that has been around, and there have been dozens of new members from that time, and of course there are surely even many old members who did not get anything back then, but would do so now.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote