View Single Post
Old 08-28-2003, 11:54 PM   #342
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Elenrod was tired. He needed to stop. He just walked all the way to the Shire from the Misty Mountains, helping the dwarves rebuild Khazad-dum. The last decent meal he had was at Imladris; after that, he survived on nothing but fruits and berries. And now, his body refused to go any further: it cried for food, and rest. Then, with his elven eyes he descried for afar an inn. "Looks cheerful enough," he thought. He slowly walked forward to the inn "'The Green Dragon,'" he said as he read the sign. "Reminds me of Ascarog, the worm Eonwe and I slew in the War of Wrath." He went inside.

Seating himself on the nearest empty table and placing his slender bag on the opposite chair, he immediately fell into deep thought. "I really want to go home, to see mother, and father, and...Miriel." As he slowly breathed the name, his thoughts turned to the daughter of Tar-Palantir, whom he fell in love with, and rescued from the tumults of the Great Sea. He dared the wrath of the Valar to bring her to Eldamar. And, before he left for Middle Earth, he promised her they'll be married when he returns. "But," a voice answered, "I can't go back yet. My mission seems...incomplete. Sorry, vanimelda, but I have to stay a little longer."

He snapped out of his reverie when his stomach growled loudly. His thoughts returned to Middle Earth, to the lovely land of the Hobbits, to the Green Dragon, as he stood up and called in a loud voice, "Can I have something to eat, please?"