View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 07:47 AM   #205
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
White Tree Aedre

Aedre admitted to herself that she was weary and sad by Aylwen's absence. However, she wouldn't let anyone else know. There was certainly room for Aedre at the Inn even though Bęthberry would be the Innkeeper while Aylwen was away. Bęthberry was a kind and wise woman, and she knew of course, that the Inn would be perfectly run by her as well. It had indeed been Bęthberry who'd run the Inn before, and she was after all the owner. Aedre had naught to neither worry nor miss because Aylwen would be back soon enough.

The morning was as beautiful as can get; the flowers were blooming outside Aedre's window, and the colours were flattering bright. The morning had brought with it a few drops, so some of the leaves were still wet. Soon, however, the sun would take care of that, with its warming rays.

The colourful scenery outside encouraged Aedre; Her mood was pleasant and joyful; no worries, just joy. She figured the day at the Inn would be just as any other day, but she'd never thought ill of it. Indeed, how she liked working there. What more could one possible wish for, she did not know. Nor did she ever think she would know either, because this was absolutely the perfect place for her. As these thoughts swirled in her head she hurried into the kitchen. "Ah, good morning," she said as she saw Mae and Frodides washing the dishes. They seemed like they were in a good mood as well, but not just as happy as Aedre. She didn't know it was caused by the huge amount of dishes that were standing in front of them, or if it was caused by the thought of even more dishes to come when breakfast was finished. Maybe it was both, Aedre couldn’t tell by just looking at them.

"Good morning to you as well, Aedre," Mae said as she stopped washing for a moment. Her face was joyful and gay for a moment there, but the face expression fell steadily – and then it was gone. Frodides nodded and smiled. "It's beautiful outside today, isn't it?" Aedre said as she stabled some of the clean dishes. "Oh yes, indeed. It's very beautiful," Mae confirmed. She looked at Frodides, as if she was longing for something. Frodides looked at her a bit stern, but not as if she was angry. Aedre narrowed her eyebrows, because she knew that something was going on, but this time as well, she couldn’t tell by just looking at the two women in front of her. Aedre isn't the kind of person who doesn't ask about the things she is curious about, she is quite the opposite.

This situation was no exception, and Aedre the humble maid, couldn't hold her tongue this time either. "Now, what is going on?" she asked. Her curiosity had turned into suspicion. Who could blame her? "What do you mean?" Frodides asked her as she curled her lips. "It's nothing," Mae interrupted. But it looked as if the girl regretted what she'd just said and continued; "Hearpwine asked if Gomen would go for a walk with him, and he asked me to come along as well," she said casually as if she didn’t really care. Aedre grinned;" Oh, how lovely! You lucky girl...out on a fine day like this - with such a great lad as well," she added afterwards. She smiled, but soon noticed that Mae hadn't finished.

"No, I told her she couldn't go if there is much work here at the Inn," Frodides said and looked at Aedre. "Don't encourage her," she whispered. "I'm sorry dear," Aedre said to Mae, with great compassion, because she truly felt sorry for her. To deny a young girl outside on a day like this? That was simply not the way it was supposed to be, Aedre figured.

"How about; I'll do some extra work?" Aedre said suddenly. "I mean, no one offered me a walk, so I have nothing else to do!" Aedre laughed merrily. She looked at Mae: her eyes brightened up, but she said nothing. Then Aedre turned to Frodides. "What say you?"

Last edited by Orofaniel; 06-24-2004 at 07:50 AM.