View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #220
Raynor
Eagle of the Star

Raynor has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
It's different if you are overwhelmed against your will, but a device that makes you evil?
However, this device isn't any object, seeing the amount of power it has, its special relation to Sauron and even some presumed "intelligence"/activity of its own. I would also expect a great concentration of Melkor's marring throughout Arda to have a somewhat similar effect.
Quote:
If Melkor did make orcs from elves, seeing the behaviour of the elves, he may have had some that were somewhat amenable to the process, though by a thousand slices.
Well... maybe .
Quote:
The 'good' did not lack for power. Gandalf could have used much more power than he did. Saruman could have been made to bow before him. But Gandalf showed restraint and so simply made Saruman mostly impotent.
I see. By Free Folk I didn't previously included our istari friend(s). We should bear in mind that the elves came rather close to this, through their Rings of power that counter the marring and the decay.
Quote:
hmm, I should coin that phrase
You should, it sounds catchy .
Quote:
Were not Melkor and Manwe brothers?Why then was Melkor corrupted and Manwe not?
True, but Melkor had greater power and Manwe had a more special relation with Eru.