Thread: Itaril
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #23
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I wouldn't say that - looking at that pic, Geordie does have a certain charismatic presence, wouldn't you say? As for his role, it makes me hope we'll see Beorn's housekeeping animals after all, even though it looks like Beorn himself is going to be replaced by Radagast, who I suppose will enter the Battle of Five Armies at the last moment, riding on Geordie, and save the day; Geordie of course will have the honour of finishing Bolg by running him through with his single horn.

Further speculations:
  • Either Itaril or Leggie or both will conspire with Bilbo to free the Dwarves, defying Thranduil's orders.
  • Itaril will meet a tragical heroic death in the Bo5A, causing Leggie to go berserk and vent his grief by killing a few mumakil. (What do you say, there weren't any in that battle? How narrow minded... What are a few uncanonicities among friends?)
  • Finally, with Leggie in the film, another bowman would be quite redundant, so guess who gets to shoot Smaug? Bingo. Bye bye Bard...