Thread: Itaril
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #39
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron
Itaril has vibrant violet eyes, but because of her orphaned and violent childhood (an attack by orcs killed her parents), she is blind. But blindness in Elfesses merely grants them extraordinary psychic powers. She can actually see better blind! Riding forth from Mirkwood on her long-maned pony named Brandy (short for Brandywine), she fights injustice, wielding two Elven daggers and a bow of crystal called Teh Cuthalion.
I see RPG parody potential here that would compete with MarySue Whynniel (sorry, Estelyn, I cannot remember the correct spelling of her illustrious name).
Ahem! Mister Morthoron has in fact clearly based Itaril on this RPG character. If only I were sixteen again, I'd threaten legal action immediately.

Setiously, Esty– remember we actually did start another parody RPG a couple of years ago, only it didn't last very long. I think the problem was we went a little overboard in trying to make the characters absolutely authentic Mary Sues– they all ended up so self-absorbed they could barely interact with one another at all.