View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 12:23 PM   #85
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Taurėwen heard not the shouts of the others as she battled the foul smelling creatures that held no regard for the Greenwood, but as she finished off her current attacker and turned to face the next the ground shook beneath her feet knocking her to the ground, she pulled her sword into guard position expecting a blow from the orc she had been facing, but the orc was squealing and running in the opposite direction, as she rose to chase after it the ground shook again.

Her eyes widened with fear as she saw the mammoth creature barrel through the forest, but it was short lived! for as the creature knocked down trees in it's wake an anger that Taurėwen thought she could never possess burned within her and with no thought other than to stop the monstrosity doing any more damage she charged towards it! She did not get far though! For Reynion who had been behind her and was now running with the other away from the troll, saw her run forward and grabbed her about the waist pulling her back.

"What are you doing!" she screamed at him, trying to break free of his hold.

"I was going to ask you the same thing," he replied calmly as he struggled to keep a hold on her and follow the others.

"Look!" she yelled pointing at the Troll as it knocked over another tree, "If we don't stop it there will be no forest left to call home!" she snapped, her eyes glistened but her anger held back the tears.

As they regrouped, Reynion turned her round to face him his hands sitting firmly on her shoulders,

"Taurėwen we all feel the same, but you do not think you could take on a fully grown hill troll on your own! do you?" She knew he was right, but the anger was still within her,

"No, but at least I would died trying, not running like a coward letting this...this monster tear down our home!" she retorted bitterly.

"And what help would you be to those left behind if you die!" Reynion calmly told her. As she defiantly looked into his eyes she saw his concern, the anger melted away and was replace with shame. She dropped her head as she felt the others looking at her, stunned by her harsh words. But there was no time for apologies the ground shook with the strides of their current foe.

"Ainemetion! Arie! Flank right, Gilbereth! Eruwen! flank left, Reynion do you and Taurėwen think you can get behind it?" both elves nodded at Ceros' question then he continued, "If we surround it I think we can take it down, now go!" Taurėwen nodded and dashed off with Reynion to attack the creature from behind.

"I'm sorry" she whispered as they ran.