View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 08:57 PM   #96
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Nerindel's Post

Taurėwen slumped against one of the tall trees as she waited for the others, she saw Gilbereth show Ceros the helms that the larger orcs wore, the red eye upon them had made her shiver and although it was just paint she could not shake the feeling that something or someone was watching them!

As she looked round she saw Reynion coming towards her, She managed a weak smile, then gasped as he collapsed to the ground. Fear strengthening her she got to her feet and hurried over to were he had fallen, pushing passed her companions as they surrounded him.

"What happened?" she asked, her face full of concern.

"It's nothing, I--it's nothing. Just tired and I suppose my leg hurts a little. One of the spiders bit it, but it's not bad," Reynion replied.

"Spiders! That was days ago!" Taurėwen exclaimed as she gestured for those holding him, to gently set him down against the tree she had just come from. Kneeling down she ripped open the black makeshift bindings, though she really didn't need to. Reynions lower leg was black and Taurewen knew that even if she was at full strength her innate abilities would not be able to mend the dead flesh, she was surprised that he had even been able to stand, but as she removed the bindings she could see that it was spreading and that there was only one option left to her. She slowly raised her head and turned to Ceros as he stood over her supported by Ihwesta and shook her head, then turning back to Reynion her eyes filled with sorrow she told him that she would have to remove his leg, else the infection spread to the rest of his body.

"I will need water!" she told Ceros as the others again helped Reynion to his feet, He nodded and let Taurėwen lead the way. She had heard a stream to the southeast so she made for it the others helping Reynion and the still weak Ceros behind her. 'Why had he not told me of his injury when we returned to from the spiders lair? And why did I not see that he was hurting?" she sighed and as she looked up she saw the stream. Her heart was suddenly heavier that she had ever imagined possible as she knelt down by the stream next to Reynion and told the others that she would require, "Water; fire and a sharp long knife or dagger!"

[ September 22, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]