View Single Post
Old 03-17-2003, 06:31 PM   #10
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Happy spring to all! I have to say it is already gorgeous in this part of the world. The tulips and the daffodils are young, the sun smiling down between a new abundance of rainstorms. I can even look out the basement window (of quite limited view!) and feel a bit of the cheer of the blue sky, where normally I look out and give a disdainful moan. Our grass needs cutting again! Oh, how I love spring. New life is everywhere, joy is abound again.

This spring (between the many music competitions and festivals that I have to attend), I plan to get out a bit more; maybe darken my kitchen-cabinet-white complexion. Read a bit of poetry, and take in the beauty of Walt Whitman's "Leaves of Grass" and a few of Poe's lighter works. Write a book, get a kitten, name it Fernando Smudge II (after my two friends' recently deceased felines [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]), take off these accursed braces, the source of six years of misery, forever!

What about Tolkien? Well, I'll be reading a few more of the History of Middle-earth books, re-read the Silmarillion, and finish Unfinished Tales ( [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])... and perhaps The Book of Lost Tales if I can bear it (sorry, I just don't find much point in reading the early stories and getting them all confused with the published final drafts). As part of my aspired poetry 'project,' I might find a copy of Beowulf and try to absorb some of that.

The sad thing is, I might not have half the time to do all this as I wish I could... I'll probably same some for the summer.
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote