View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #71
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
"I've seen the Scar up close and I am sure there are big rocks of great number in those rough half-hills that we could move and fashion as we wish. And once we have done that, we can see to hauling wood from trees that may be felled from the swamps, to make walls and other such woodwork inside. What think you?"

Stigend rubbed his thin beard and looked thoughtful. "Hmm... that's quite a task..." He looked at lord Eodwine and then returned the smile. "It seems Garstan needs to do a lot of teaching..."

Stigend kept his reservations inside. They could possibly bring the rocks to the site even if that would be a feat indeed. But to break and shape them with no oher professionals around but Garstan? And did Garstan master that kind of engineering in the first place? How about the stone foundations already at the place? They were made for a wooden building but a stonehall would require much more solid foundations...

Stigend was about to nod towards the makeshift kitchen for a breakfast when he decided to address one of his concerns aloud.

"But if we are going to use wood from the swamps it would be even more important we get the trees to dry early enough. I understand we need all the strong men to carry the rocks but I hope one day soon after we have enough material for Garstan to start working you would assign me a few stout men to go and fell the trees and carry them here... They can dry while we work here but if they wait there they will not dry by themselves."