View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #985
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
I have a request for all of you members of the AuthorShip. Since there's obviously not enough interest to continue the RPG format, and I have some ideas for a "Next Generation" story, I'm considering doing that as a fan fiction. If I do so, may I use your characters if and when appropriate? That would especially concern Saucy and Mith, as Gravlox and Soregum - umm, I mean Windsor, of course! - will be staying with Merisuwyniel.
Of course you may. Although I fear that, now that he has become such a good little Hobbit, Soregum - er - Windsor has lost what comedy potential he ever had ...

An alternative occurred to me if you are thinking of a second sequel. There are many excellent writers on the Downs, and a number have shown themselves to be very proficient at comedy writing. Perhaps the story might be continued with "fresh blood", as it were. And you might even be able to persuade some of us "oldies" to put in the occasional cameo.

Diamond, will any of Pimpi's relatives (on the Hobbit side) be invited to the wedding? Perhaps to console Windsor's broken heart ...