View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #3314
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Certain lines sound like the One Ring to me, the main prompt being the thought about Gandalf, but it doesn't fit. Line 1 would be Isildur in Anduin, 2 is Gandalf who only holds it briefly, 3 is Bilbo with a stretch, 4 Frodo with a bigger stretch, but then it falls appart. Who didn't oughta - Deagol and Smeagol? Boromir? And anywaus, it's not chronologically accurate.

Now Urwen's posts about Sam and Elanor did give me an idea about the last lines: Elanor, Sam's daughter, was followed by a bunch more children with no shortage of namesakes. Though "hilldweller strong" reminds me more of Samwise the Strong himself. And that makes me think of the Shire. Or - hang on, no, it's BAG-END!

1. Not sure. Don't know what connection Bungo had with water. Unless it's just a reference to the Water?
2. Held by Bilbo who came back to the great disappointment of his relatives.
3. Left by Frodo seeking Mount Doom.
4. Claimed by the notorious Mrs. SB!
5. Ruffians? SBs? Saruman and Wormtongue? Ruffians would be my bet.
6. Sam? Whose place, unlike Frodo's, is in the Shire?
7-8: not sure of the exact people, but daughter might be Elanor and the followers either her siblings or her children. Probably siblings.

Well, how's that?