View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 04:58 PM   #79
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
"I hope with all my heart that my son does not become King! He grows more corrupt and power-hungry each day, and if the power is given to him I fear there shall be no hope for him, and I have so longed for him to become again the gentle boy he was as a child, who loved freely. At least I hope he will not have the opportunity to inflict the actions of his faults upon the people. He has pained me enough already without extending harm to others."

Arshalous blinked in surprise at her aunt's outburst. So many mothers were blinded wth love for their sons, yet Lady Hababa wasn't. "And that is why I don't like him," said Arshalous softly, as she kissed her aunt's cheek.

Lady Hababa just stared sadly at her niece. Arshalous bit her lip...but it was the truth. How could her aunt wish for her to make amends with her little power hungry mongrel of a cousin? The thought was absurd, ridiculous even.

Arshalous kneeled beside her aunt's bed, and whispered in her ear, "My Lady Aunt...I swear to you that I will do my utmost to keep Korak from the throne. I am powerful, I have lands, and soldiers that will march at the snap of my fingers." She could feel her aunt's mouth open in protest, but she layed her finger over her lips and murmured, "I know that that is not what you wish, but I would rather be enemies with Korak forever than have him upon the throne rather than the Prince."