View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #13
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1. The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel
The fourth book in the Earth children's series. This is one of my favorite books. I love this whole series but the relationships and strange customs shared over a long winter in the time of mammoths and saber tooth tigers, is just (I find) enthralling. But beware this series is not for the young. It has very explicit content in some parts.

2. Ender's shadow by Orson Scott Card, the parallel novel to Ender's game.
Again this series is all super wicked, but this one book has it all for me. It follows the story of a genetically engineered infant, as he fights for his life on the streets, then to be 'found' and sent to a military training space station to to train to fight the "Buggers" (aliens). You would think this is totally a "guy" book, but the story of Bean is touching.

3.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling
I liked the whole series, but I love that Rowling pulled it all together at the end and gave everyone what they wanted.

4. The story of Luthien and Beren by J.R.R Tolkien
Don't get me wrong, I love the LOTR but I loved this story, I wish it had been longer...perhaps if they made it it's own book..

5. Vitorrio by Anne Rice
I think her world of Vampires is the only one. There are so many stories, from Anne and they all fit in together quite nicely. This one is a story in it's own about love, revenge, and well Angels...It's a good one.

I tend to like whole series and like to read all the series from the same writers. I broke it down though and just picked one book out of the series.