View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 AM   #55
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I can't remember who said what exactly (it's late for me), but it seems like the key here is to try to track down the Evil Wizard, because he/she is constant whereas the wolves can change any day. In the couple of games that I have played, a case is usually built against a player over a period of several days, based on voting records and other accumulated evidence and suspicion. Hardly ever is the first person lynched a wolf, which I think demonstrates that a single day is rarely enough to identify a baddie, which is why I think it's better to make a concerted effort to find the EW, than to scramble about every day trying to flush out that day's unique wolf line-up. No, I'm not saying "don't look for wolves." But I do think most of our energy should be directed towards tracking down the EW. In my opinion.
I doubt the Wolves will change that much, but you pretty much sum it up, if you ask me. The discussion between EW and the Wolves is probably quite working, but one thing they most certainly can't do is make plans with player names in them. For the EW to reveal herself to the Wolves or the Wolves to each others is to risk all for plans with names. The whole team loses if one of the Wolves is scried in that situation and that is madness!
So: I think that there might be quite similar discussion between the Baddies as in more conservative game, but only without names - which is a big handicap if you think about it. So, so: We Wolves are just as clueless about who's who as the rest of us (exceptions being the Wizards and the Seer). I'm not even sure if the Wolves are as aware of their "guilt" (whatever that means) as in conservative games. After all sending a kill list is hard if names can't be discussed openly and in the end it's the EW who decides who die. So, so, so: It kinda all points at the EW... :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Okay, so we know there aren't connections between the wolves as they probably don't know of each other. So we should look for a different connection...and that'd be between the EW and the wolves. By lynching wolves, we will have better clues to who the EW may be.
Ha, nope! By scrying we get a better idea who the EW is. By killing the Wolves we get very vague ideas. If we scry them they will be able to tell what kind of things they have discussed at Night and that gives many more ideas than by just killing. Of course, a kill isn't a waste of a Wolf, but much more is gained by a successful scry. Actually I'd say that the GW is better at dealing with the Wolves than the village, meaning that a lynch is more effective on the EW than the scry and the other way round with Wolves:
1. Wolf - scry: Baddies lose one player, goodies gain.
2. Wolf - lynch: Baddies lose one player.
3. EW - scry: EW revealed to GW.
4. EW - lynch: EW revealed to all.
1. is better than 2. and 4. is better than 3. Ah, but for heaven's sake, why don't we just search for Baddies and not discuss how we should do it and whether we should search for only some baddies and not others. Come on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín View Post
And, another point the phantom made which I wish to highlight again. If I were the EW, I would also choose from among our less famous, vocal and illustrous villagers. The EW has no great interest in finding out who the GW is. So the EW will probably be scrying those she does not really suspect of wizardry and are able to fly under the radar for a long time. At least, she will probably avoid choosing those who the GW is likely to suspect of evil wizardry, because losing a wolf to a nightly scry would be very inconvenient. Yet, this is all speculation. We cannot know what the EW would do, because we do not know her identity.
I would imagine the EW trying to scry (or wasn't it curse) Innocents.
I strongly doubt that the EW has solely chosen her Wolves from "our less famous, vocal and illustrous villagers". Thinking that way is dangerous, dangerous! If I were an EW I'd put a bit from her a bit from there. One or two "famous, vocal and illustrous villagers", one or two less so and one or two of completely not so (if we have any of those around). It is easier to hide for the Wolves if they aren't all non-vocal. However, the Wolves are probably not as actively trying to control the daily discussions as in normal games, because they know so little themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
At this point, I'm suspicious...blahblahblah
Finally, I agree with Mac that we should finally start doing something that couldn't be done on the admin thread before the start of the game.

edit: Xd with Greenie and Mac